Monday, August 18, 2008

My Garden



I don't have any quilting updates today. Damn work. Keeps getting in the way of my quilting. :-)
So I thought I would show you some pictures of my backyard and garden. I had wanted to take some new pictures today but the weather decided today was not a good day for picture taking. We have been having terrible weather in Oshawa this summer. I am pretty sure it has rained everyday. I think I am somewhat responsible because this is the first time in 20 years I have taken all my holidays during the summer months. I jinxed the province of Ontario...lol.
So these pictures are from last summer. The garden has greatly improved since then. I did all the planting last summer, there were no plants in the gardens when I moved in. The plants were not very big...this year, however, it's like a jungle.



My gazebo. I love my gazebo...it is so calming to sit under there with a good book listening to the birds.












The view from my gate.










The back corner.

close up of the back corner. You can see some hosta's and a forsytha bush.

I will have to make sure I take some more current pictures of my garden so you can see how well my plants did this year. I guess they did well, they are growing in the "new" rainforest. (ha ha ha)

I hope everyone had a great Monday. Only 4 more days to go until the weekend!!! Not that I am counting down, or anything.

5 comments:

Karla said...

Welcome to the blog world. I'm fairly new myself. Your gazebo is adorable and your "bumper crop" of tomato is about what I got this year here in NH. We've had a very rainy past 4 weeks.

Keep blogging!!

Stephanie said...

What! TRUST ME people, these pictures do Quilting Newbies yard NO justice. I have been there many times since these pictures and her yard is a lovely OASIS! Shame on you; today is so nice, go snap a real picture. Go..now..do it! I mean it!

Stephanie said...

LOL, ok, ok 32point5....I'll take up to date photos this weekend.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Its a great space to relax in, my garden is on a slope, only got a small area flat to put seat`s on