Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Long Weekend

Today I thought I better try out my new Magic Bullet. Especially seeing as the only thing I have made with it since I got it was crushed ice. LOL

The first recipe I tried out was Hummus
Hummus Ingredients

Hummus Ingredients

Hummus

Finished Hummus

The Magic Bullet is not all it's cracked up to be. Why am I so shocked...lol.
I had to keep adding chicken stock to thin out the mixture so the bullet would chop up the chickpeas. I think a small food processor would have done the job much better.

2nd recipe

Salsa

salsa ingredients
Salsa Ingredients

Salsa
Finished Salsa

Again the magic bullet failed to impress. It turned out more like soup than Salsa.

I will have to try out some drinks next on my magic bullet. I am thinking they will turn out better. Iced Coffee and Margarita will be the next things I try.

VACATION TIME
I am now officially on one weeks vacation and I'm thinking about going North to visit my aunt in Haileybury. Most of you are probably wondering where the heck that is. It is in Northern Ontario, Canada. My mom is from there and my aunt lives there now. It is a pretty little town. I haven't been up to visit since last summer. Click the link to get a little history on Haileybury

After visiting with my aunt I want to swing down to Espanola. Another pretty little northern Ontario town that I lived in when I was little. I haven't been back in 30 years and have always wanted too. So this year I will. It will be interesting to see it from the eyes of an adult and to see if my memories of the little town hold up.

I'll let you know how my vacation turned out when I return. You never know, I might find a new little quilting store on my travels.

5 comments:

Cat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cat said...

So how did your hummus and salsa taste?

Stephanie said...

I didn't care for the Hummus...too much lemon for my taste. I would try it again though, with a different recipe. The Salsa was too watery...but it tasted ok.

Stephanie said...

Holy Crap that's a long drive. Vacation again? Enjoy! Hmm, chicken stock in the hummus, that would be interesting. I usually only use water to get it going in the blender. Not sure how much liquid you had to add; mine is about 1/2 cup or so. Safe and Happy travels!!

Stephanie said...

PS...lovin the pics!!