Sunday, October 5, 2008

Final Round Robin Border

I decided to take a brake from Corky's quilt and work on the last border I have to do for the round robin.

Round Robin Quilting Pictures 1

These are the corner blocks that I completed today. I have to say I am so proud of myself. I just think they are wonderful. These are as close to perfect that I am ever going to be able to do. My squares match up perfectly. (perfect for me)

I am all excited now to finish this border off. The quilt top I'm working on right now is my aunts and I want to do a really good job on hers. (I wanted to do a good job on everyone's but my aunt's is special...she is the person that got me hooked on quilting.) For years she told me that I would be able to quilt, and then one day I decided to try it and you know what?? She was right. Practice really does make perfect...the more you quilt the better you get. I wonder if that is true about free-motion quilting...lol. Because, let me tell you, I am brutal at that...lol.

4 comments:

Stephanie D said...

I love it when my corners line up!

Pretty fabric!

Anonymous said...

Thank you- the quilting torch has ben passed- what is the expression "when the student surpasses the master" good job Newbie----

Yours in quilting
Aunt Nelda

Anonymous said...

I am also very proud of you grasshopper....Good work..







Trail

Sara said...

They look great! It is wonderful when corners line up, but who needs perfection! LOL! I love the colors and the fabrics!