Sunday, December 28, 2008

Round Robin time again

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas.

It is time to start another Round Robin. (ok, so I haven't officially finished the first one...but isn't that a characteristic of a true quilter...having lots of UFO's??)
So this time the participants are my aunt crazyquiltlady, my cousin Amy (I hear through the grapevine, Amy will be starting her own blog soon....can't wait to see it), my mom and myself.
This time instead of doing a Round Robin in the traditional way where you add borders to a centre square, we are going to do rows. Each of us will start with 2 rows of 6 12 inch blocks (12 inch finished) and then pass it on to the next person who will add two more rows. I think for my quilt I'm going to do the nine patch. It is a pretty simple pattern and one that I can do pretty quickly. That way I will be able to help my mom (who is not a quilter...but will be by the time this round robin is finished...lol)


4 comments:

crazyquiltlady said...

Well quilting Newbie - I amnot sure if we can convert a watercolour artist to a quilter but we sure can try!!!!!

pwl said...

Hi there! I didn't actually join the guild - well - not yet, anyway LOL

It's the Durham Trillium Quilt Guild, and it meets the first Tuesday of every month in the staff cafeteria of the Durham Board of Education building on Taunton. If you like, I can send you a newsletter and an application form. There are well over 100 members, and they have lots of workshops and all sorts of other activities, including retreats.

Sara said...

sounds like a good plan and lots of fun! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Doing rows sounds a great way of doing this,

Happy new year to you ,
Thankyou for your comment on my blog, i wish you the best for 2009,
Take care